Thursday, November 25, 2004

Thanksgiving in Tha Haaaaaaaouse!!

Okay, this is pretty unbelieveable. On the news they just said that the average American eats 3000 calories at their Thanksgiving dinner alone. First, that's a suspiciously round number for an average, and second, that would be truly amazing. Americans eat a lot of shit there's no doubt, but 3K in one meal as an average?? That means some people are putting away four thousand, forty-five hundred and maybe even five thousand calories? Crazy. Also, realize that WhatUpThen isn't a big calorie counter but he's probably no longer 182 pounds.

So I had the Thanksgiving cooking duties this year. Move over, Rachael Ray! Actually, don't go too far. Here, why don't you sit in my lap while I show you the wonderful feast I created. I did forget the cranberry sauce, the parmesan cheese and the artichoke hearts, and it's not like I made the meal from scratch or anything, but I was rather proud with the finished product. Turkey, candied yams, stuffing, baked spinach, greens, salad, macaroni, rolls, apple pie...and, of course, each of those dishes is far more complex than their one or two-word titles. The greens,for example...gotta wash the collard greens, then fry the bacon and save the bacon grease and mix in the thyme and add the liquid to the greens then cook them for hours, all while preparing the other foods. It's a process. I appreciate those people who really can cook...like my Food Network girl. I'm so buying her books.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://zwlzgjnq.com/hayf/kncq.html | http://kcrojxgw.com/odrq/aczv.html

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home