Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Elements of a Rough Day

- Start with 5 hours of sleep and an 8:30am class.

- Morning chat with ex-girlfriend reveals the current guy is paying her another visit (At least Detective WhatUpThen figured out how he's able to travel while school is in session).

- 65 cents deducted from bank account from copies made 4 days ago (No problem!)

- Only had 52 cents in account (Uh oh.)

- Wells Fargo slaps on $33 overdraft fee (Goddammit.)

- University housing staff hand-delivers eviction notice to room (1 week to pay!)

A short interruption...I visited the Central Branch of the Seattle Public Library this morning. It just opened during the springtime and it is the nicest library I've ever been in. Hell, it's among the nicest buildings I've been in, period. You will find me there plenty in the future. Plus, I finally got to borrow a copy of Nickel and Dimed!!

- Call about job posted yesterday. Director says there has been "overwhelming response."

- Need 16 cents to print out 2-page homework assignment. Have 10 cents.

Another quick interruption...yes, that was me staring at the ground while walking to class this afternoon looking for a dime so I could turn in my homework. Yes, that was me looking both ways before checking for change in the vending machine. And yes, it was clutch to find a quarter in the Education Lounge Coke machine 10 minutes before class began.

- No more English muffins. No more eggs. No more food. Lots of pineapple tea.

- Graham crackers stolen from housemate are stale.

Case in point, fuck me. I need money, NOW. On the bright side, I can't wait to get on the scale at the gym!

4 Comments:

Blogger whatupthen said...

Oh, I almost forgot...virtually no hits on Ice Climber!! What's going on? I had gotten spoiled at having 8-9 unique hits per day lately!

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recommend you obtain money.

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe some of the Seattle homeless bums can give you survival tips?

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to get over your girl and get a job to keep you busy

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home