Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Zero Credit Soup

this is an audio post - click to play

I've been listening to Zero 7 quite a lot lately. I like that Massive Attack, Air-style music and this band is rapidly ascending the ranks of my favorites. Destiny does sound curiously like Air's La Femme D'Argent, but the latter is one of my favorite songs ever and I certainly don't mind having two versions. I've GOT to go to London, dude. All of those groups...Jamiroquai, Portishead, Air...it would be so great to see them in concert. Are these bands even still together? I don't know because they don't get any press in the States. Dude, even Fatboy Slim! I love this stuff! Fuck it...I'm making this an audio post!!


As depicted here, when you listen to Zero 7 your head will glow like the sun and your neurons will be visible through your skull.

Ooh, I thought of a metaphor to share! Schoolwork is kinda like paying off a credit card. For example, today I did a decent amount of reading and my Spanish homework for tomorrow. That's like making the easy monthly payment. However, I did no research for my thesis, no contacting teachers, no revision of the outline, nothing. That is the full balance that really needs to be paid off by the middle of Spring Quarter. It's hard to put a dent into it, though. My topic is still so murky and the idea of submitting this thing is still so abstract. But like credit cards (except for American Express), you've gotta hack away at that balance or else it'll hang over you for a loooong time. And I plan on graduating next year.

Shit. Got 52 cents in the bank account. Down to 3 English muffins and one can of Diet Mountain Dew. Oh, and an egg. I might have to fire up that 4th rice cooker and steal some of my roommates' rice. Ooh, hey I can make Egg Drop soup! It'll be thin as hell since I have no vegetables or spices, but it's something! A big thank you to all the Asian people who took me to all the Chinese restaurants while I was in college...you've given me an extra day of not having to ask my Mom for money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home