Sunday, October 03, 2004

IC gettin' out

I realize I am not alone in wanting to jump-start my social life. Seattle is still a new place to me, I haven't yet grasped every cultural nuance and I don't feel like calling any of the people I met last year. Ever. Okay, maybe, depending on how antsy I get all holed up in this room. Right now you're asking yourself: "How can a person with a name like WhatUpThen be concerned about his social life??" It's a mystery to me as well, but friends, the world is a strange place.

Ice Climber did catch the bus out to Green Lake on Saturday morning in an effort to branch out. Lovely place. Lots o' kids, runners and dogs. It's clearly a popular spot for jogging but I didn't even dress for exercise; I went there to get my Harry Potter on. A quick spin around the lake to scout out the ideal bench for reading and people-watching, and there I was. A great experience sitting in the park...you feel connected and isolated at once, both in a good way. And what does Petunia Dursley know about magic? I mean, that is a mesmerizing plot twist!!

Did the club thing too. Larry's. Cheap drinks are nice, but next weekend we'll try somewhere else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home