Saturday, May 29, 2004

Scheduling and Shakespeare

Alright, alright. I know it has been a few days since I last posted, but understand that the couple-days gap is a more realistic (and likely) schedule. For the period just starting out the site I wanted to do a posting blitz of sorts so that there would be substantial content for people to enjoy and to form their impressions. Now that that's done, I hope you'll continue to check back periodically to see whatever Ice Climber is discussing.

Do you want to know something I'm oddly ashamed of? And I know there are much more important things to be concerned about in this life, but this one comes to mind from time to time. I've never read Hamlet. Something about that just bothers me. All of Shakespeare's plays carry vital themes, but isn't Hamlet like the most important one? Kids, you've gotta read Hamlet and Macbeth and Othello and slog through the language and understand the themes because those ideas come up in real life all the time. I think this is why I got into education...there are just elements that I think it would behoove people to have had experience with. Not only works of literature, but certain values and critical attributes that I think prepare a person for anything. Hmm...maybe I should talk more about this a different day. Kinda tired now.

If you just want to appear cultured read As You Like It and Twelfth Night (or say you read them).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home