Thursday, December 09, 2004

Ice Climber Awards

Oh please, please, PLEEEASE don't let my child grow up to be like my cousin. I mean, arrested-FUCKING-development! This girl is in COLLEGE! How is it that she survives? I've said before that the defining characteristic of teenagers is immaturity but she takes it to an extreme. Teenagers have rebelliousness but my cousin has unjustified defiance. Teenagers change their demands; sometimes they want to be treated as adults, sometimes they want to be treated like children -- but my cousin acts like a six-year old. She talks like a preschooler, she buys into stereotypes about the roles of men and women and she acts like she's ENTITLED to everything. I've just never seen anything like it. Is there a psychologist who can study her? I think my 18-year old cousin is destined to have a hard fall in life. For her sake I hope it comes sooner rather than later.

So 2004 is coming to a close. TIME Magazine picked Bush as its person of the year, signifying the person having the greatest impact, good or bad (Did bin
Laden get it in 2001?). Without a doubt, the 2004 Ice Climber Person of the Year is the lovely Raquel Vega. I will discuss her as well as others I'd like to recognize.

E-Money: For showing courage by quitting his job and taking time to unwind and discover how to pursue his passions. And for being a great receptacle for all of the details that don't make it to Ice Climber.

MK3: For being the most levelheaded person I know (including me, which is really amazing) for helping reassure me of my value and sanity and for being eye candy whenever I'm at her apartment.

(And E-Money has just declined his award.)

Mom: She gets too little sleep, she helps so many people and she is underappreciated (the defining characteristic of mothers?). Between taking care of her 88-year old father, working, exercising and doing all of the thankless things mothers do how could I ever complain about the minor little issues in my life? Thanks, Mom, for enabling me.

Cara: Many people say they are tolerant, that they are individuals an that they don't care what others think. No one is any of these things 100%, but Cara comes closer than most. For living your life as you want i to be lived, and for setting a good example. Can't believe her ass just turned 21.

Brian: Fucking Bergondy. Some would call him a college dropout. Some would call him a compulsive gambler. Some would call him a cradle-robber, irresponsible and without stability...and they'd all be right! But B has strong morals and generosity instilled within him, and I get the feeling that he would remain no matter how far everyone else drifts away.

Raquel: For making me happier and sadder than I've ever been before. Really, thank you. She brought out emotions in me I didn't know I had and I'm better off for it. I more eagerly await the next chapter in our saga than with anyone else.

The rest of you motherfuckers try again next year! HAHAHAA! Just kidding, I love you all.

RESOLUTIONS
- Make some incomplete friendships complete
- Finish school and start a new stage in life
- we'll see what else

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home