Sunday, December 12, 2004

Bleary-Eyed Update

this is an audio post - click to play

It's 4am and I'm hella fucking tired, but I haven't made a blogger post in over a week. There are so many notes written on the backs of so many sheets of paper but somehow the diligence to simply type the stuff in has eluded me of late. So it's time to throw down the hammer and post and just sleep later. Hell, you know what?? I'm making this an audio post! I'm done with classes, anyway. I only have to wake up sometime to go shopping with Master P. The Helly Hansen store has been calling my name ever since I saw my boss wearing this awesome insulated jacket. Seeing him wear that jacket is what made me accept the job, no lie! Well, that and not having enough change to print out homework at the library.

In other news, it's great to have friends who can save an evening for you. Take tonight for example...I didn't know what I was gonna do. I knew I was 175.8 lbs because I'd just come back from the gym (that's some kind of record for me...who knows the last time I was under 180). But besides that I didn't know much. I felt like Linda Rondstadt and Aaron Neville. But then Cara calls and suggests dinner at Hillside Quickies which sounds like a quality restaurant if I've ever heard of one. It was a vegan place which threw me for a minor loop because the main course was meatloaf. Huh? Oh, I meant meetloaf. But it was excellent, really. I'll certainly be going there again. Plus it was only $5 and you know I liked that. Most definitely a different experience from the $30 I spent at Todai last weekend. Good shit, though.

Afterwards we rented Audition, some Japanese horror film. Yeah, that was wild. It had so much calm setup, then all of a sudden the movie goes all Mulholland Drive on you with an extended and absolutely crazy-incomprehensible-fucked up dream sequence. Hmm....there's remarkably little information about this movie on IMDB. The girl at the Blockbuster counter knew about it and she looked about 17, so I figured it must have been somewhat popular but I suppose not. The torture scene in the movie reminded me of Saw even though I've never seen Saw. That's what reading every review of every movie does for you. Without spoiling it, the plot wasn't far from a desireable fantasy...if only the woman had kept the straddling and scrapped the piano wire. Oh, oh shit, okay...there wasn't any IMDB info because I was looking at the wrong movie. There's a ton of stuff here. Yeah, rent it. You'll enjoy it.

Super-update coming soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home