Sunday, October 24, 2004

Sunday Philosophy

this is an audio post - click to play

A little philosophy in between assignments...

Recently in my Education As A Moral Endeavor class we discussed the concepts of self-respect and self-confidence. Essentially, those are two attributes that can affect how people will respond in a situation that tests one's morals.

Well, this morning I was in the shower examining my reasons to be self-confident and another analogy came to mind. Whether you are interviewing for a job or trying to get that person to notice you or writing or whatever, you display your self-confidence. It could simply be your self-confidence at that moment in time; not a complete portrayal of the certainty with which you run your life. But it's out there for everyone to see. It's kinda like when I was telemarketing newspapers this summer. I wasn't a good salesperson because I knew people didn't want the motherfucker. I mean, really, people didn't want that shit. I had no confidence in the product I was selling and that was evident in my pitch. When the product is onesself, having that confidence and respect for the product will lead to you being a much better salesperson.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ley Méndez said...

Your voice is so sexy... i just read it because said Phylosophy.

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home