Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Don't Dismiss

Alright readers, I'm in an emotional mood this week so I'm gonna drop some emotion on ya:

Just this morning I saw some of the photos from Ryan & Gina's wedding; I had missed it during my trip to Costa Rica. This makes the second friends' wedding I've missed in 6 months...there may be a pattern developing. Of course it looked very festive and all of the attendees were elegant and handsome, etc. But the fun thing was seeing some of those people I hadn't seen in a loooong time. Ryan and I have been classmates from the 4th grade and he dug down into the archive to find some of the guests. My archive, I'm talking about, not his own.

Well, I felt bad about missing the wedding and I would have made it were it not for something important, but after seeing the photos WhatUpThen felt a twinge of sentiment! You know when people drift away and you form ideas about them? That's not just me, right? But seriously, nothing vicious happened between Ryan and Brian and Chris and I, so why shun them? It's unlikely that Kwame has suddenly become pompous and uninteresting, so why not keep him in my thoughts? It's unlikely that Naomi has affixed a Bush/Cheney '04 bumper sticker to her car, and wouldn't she appreciate receiving a letter in the mail? The same goes for Cap'n M out in New York, Sophia right down the street, and Evan living the life I dream about in S.F. Don't let me ever dismiss you without a good reason. Like Phil Collins said, you'll be in my heart. And don't let me print Phil Collins lyrics on this page ever again.

So, yeah Ryan, don't take it personally. I remember you, man. And I'm gonna get your wedding gift, too. Which home furnishing store do you not have a gift card from already??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home