Sunday, October 17, 2004

Weekend Update

Welcome to Ice Climber's Weekend Edition -- Just in time for Monday.

Weekend started off great as I got on the scale in the locker room and found that I weigh 190.0 with my clothes and shoes. That's great news, people! To those of you who exclaim: "Holy shit, this fool weighs a hundred and ninety pounds?!" I say to you I'm not a little guy. When I lie to people I'm 6 feet tall and otherwise I'm 5'11". Plus I can see things other people can't, as if that has anything to do with it. But seriously, I didn't weigh 190 lbs. all last year so I'm happy about it. I will try to drop some more but I'm gonna go out and buy a celebration cookie for myself. And by "cookie"...I mean birthday cake. And by "go out and buy"...I mean already did. I should try out for the role of one of those women in the Lean Cuisine commercials.

Master P and I went to our college's Seattle Young Alumni Pub Night in Belltown. I've got to admit it was pretty enjoyable. Going to a bar and meeting people but it's a snap because you have pre-determined characteristics in common. It's like mingling set on Easy Mode for beginners. I'm definitely going next time...gimme one more practice session before I ramp up the difficulty to meeting people who aren't familiar with my freshman dorm.

Last, I did make it out to Ballard this morning (Sunday). If I had to give scores I would say Wallingford 1, Ballard 0. I mean, where's the zoo? And there were a bunch of little kids in the cafe I visited! I mean, I know McDonald's serves breakfast, couldn't your family have gone there? Plus, the movie theater in Ballard was showing Shark Tale and Ladder 49. It's just really difficult for towns to recover from those sorts of missteps. Perhaps Ballard will fare better against Downtown when I go visit this Friday. Details later this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home