Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Vancouver Photo Blowout

Here are some photos from the trip to Vancouver. What a beautiful place, don't you think? Cities are so great.





What's up with the behind bars? Who the hell took this?!


Master P looks like he owns the joint.





All half-mast because four mounted police had just been killed.


Straight out of a John Hughes film. Weird (Computer) Science


Mayor McCheese


Check out the integrated staircase/wheelchair ramp!


Cityscape


One of many giant bridges connecting different parts of the city.

Although it does have more than its fair share of problems, I'm not someone who hates the United States. But I do have some fascination with other places. I fell in love with Costa Rica when I visited there and it wasn't for the rainforests or tourist attractions because I never actually made it to those places. Just the streets, you know? Everyday goings-on and the normal business of people delights me. Vancouver was much the same. I was hooked the moment I saw the cityscape made up of residential high-rises. It didn't look pretty or sleek or new...in fact, it looked drab and old and unfinished. But something about a city...there's a million lives being lived and million stories to be told.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home