Saturday, January 22, 2005

Go. Sit. Watch.

Okay okay, I still haven't seen White Noise but, trust me, Michael Keaton is my favorite actor. Plus, I may have missed my opportunity because it doesn't seem to be playing in University District theatres anymore. It'll be tops on the list when it comes out on video...no, really, it will be.

WhatUpThen is dishing out the stars for a couple of current movies, though...The Woodsman and In Good Company. The Woodsman is bleak and hopeful at the same time and the climactic scene is jaw-dropping. Fine acting, fine writing. The only thing is that everyone seems connected to molestation in one way or another. For how many out of every ten people is this a vivid reality? I'm sure it's more than I realize.

In Good Company has Quaid, Topher Grace and My Girl Scarlett Johansson. Let me give you a chronology for that: first I saw Ghost World, then I saw An American Rhapsody, after that I started calling Scarlett Johansson My Girl Scarlett Johansson, then I saw Lost In Translation, then The Perfect Score, then My Brother the Pig, so to sum it up I'm a big ScarJo fan. Quickly, it's sappy but not too sappy, has its message about monopolization and corporate unification, is funnier than I would have dared it to be and, well...it's enjoyable. So go spend your money.

And then there's Briana showing some of that New York resilience.

And, totally unrelated...how did the Suns lose that game against San Antonio??

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no actually, you mean My girl Scarlett Johansson

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home