Saturday, January 15, 2005

Do You Have The Time...

To listen to me whine?

As I sit at my desk this late hour drinking Cerveza Pacifico and listening to New Jack Swing...

I'm still thinking about her. It is difficult when one has lost the object of their affection. Life is unfair, I know. There are situations where I know I must deal with it...move on...grin and bear it...tough break, kid...life's a bitch, then you die. That last one is a personal favorite of mine. But I still can't get over how it happened. What did I do to her? Why didn't she warn me?

Then there's the motherfucker who appeared out of thin air...

It feels like I wrote the proposal, did the research, formed the argument, typed the essay and slid it, stapled and polished, into a yellow, manila envelope. Then, while I was away, the new employee signed his name on my envelope and turned it in to the boss, just as she was looking for some material to review. When did we hire this new guy? Why is he in my office? What do you mean I'm fired? Haven't I been a good employee? I really need this job! I love working here!

If you're wrongfully terminated from a job, you can sue for damages or to get your job back. But if you're wrongfully terminated from a relationship you can't sue. If you complain or retaliate it looks like you're the crazy one. How frustrating is it to be put into a situation where you have no options? And no information? And no love? I guess wrongful termination doesn't apply to couples.

Well, enough whining. I'll get over it. Plus, there are people with real problems out there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait, you lost your job because someone else took credit for something you did? that is incredibly awful. awfulness in a can, even.
about wrongful termination from a relationship, it is actually possible to sue someone for breaking up with you--sue them for the money you spent on them etc. granted, i read about this in cosmo, but still...
what is sad is that people want to sue other people for breaking up with them in the first place. i mean, if you really liked someone and they dumped you, would you want to hurt them that much? i mean, i suppose monetary pain is better than physical pain. but still.
the sad but true fact about relationships is that one person is allowed to end them without the consent of the other person. but is that even fair? i mean, starting the relationship was a joint decision...but ending it isn't. sort of strange. i wonder if that is a human choice or a societal one?
my recommendation: go find a copy of the pilot and the first season of "twin peaks" and enjoy kyle maclachlin getting excited over a mysterious death and cherry pie. oh yeah.

10:41 AM  
Blogger whatupthen said...

I hear ya. Plus, you know it's gonna be a god day when someone posts the name "Kyle MacLachlan" on your site.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home