Sunday, October 10, 2004

Neighborhood Treasures

In a continuing effort to become more acquainted with the city, I set out walking today to the neighborhood of Ballard (Does your neighborhood have a website??) I never actually made it, though, because on the way there I passed through the Wallingford neighborhood and was dazzled by all it had to offer! No, seriously! Now I know that there is another movie house within walking distance. It is currently showing Zach Braff and The Motorcycle Diaries, the latter of which my sister says I absolutely must see. ¿Es la película en español? Maybe I'll get the chance to put my Spanish 102 skills to the test.

Wallingford also features the Taco Del Mar closest to my apartment. Discovering this led to me eating pork enchiladas for the second consecutive week. Maybe this isn't good information for me to have. The whole area seems really nice, though. Plenty of cafes, bars, shops, etc...but it doesn't seem like a commercial district. It gives you that feeling of being alone walking through a tree-lined neighborhood enjoying oneself, while at once giving you that "Ooh, where do I go next?!" feeling you get when there are a lot of stores around. Do I sound like a 16-year old girl??

But best of all, I learned that Wallingford has a zoo (I am amazed that the URL for this place is zoo.org. What an acquisition!) And I imagine that most of you are like me and have not been to a zoo in forever, so I had to go. Lots of kids, lots of exhibits and all of the various zoo environments set up for the animals; it was a throwback to my elementary school days. Lots of couples in there, too, it seemed...I wonder which one of them made that suggestion. Anyway, this weekend wasn't the greatest...renewed frustration over my hard-luck summer, but you know, any weekend where you see an elephant and a Great Argus can't be all bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home