Monday, June 06, 2005

Audio on the Way

this is an audio post - click to play

Damn Pistons. I swear, when Shaq hit those two giant free throws with about 3 minutes to go in the 4th, I had no doubt Miami was gonna win it. This would have been a career-shaping title even for a player who is already one of the all-time greats. Oh well.

Here at UW, there is a student-run production called RETRO: First Mondays. It's something of a spoken word chill out party that happens once a month at the Ethnic Cultural Theater (you know, where I work). Tonight's was the last of the school year and seeing all of those students doing poetry and MCing and comedy was a reminder that performance is really valuable...I mean, in one's personal development. It's good experience to be onstage; there are skills one practices while onstage that can be reapplied at work, in social situations or wherever. To get to the point, people are always telling me that I should be on the radio because of my deep voice. But I frequently mumble and stutter through my speech. Clearly, I need to practice...and what better way to do it than to use Ice Climber? Well, there are probably a ton of better ways, but fuck that! So, I've decided to go back into the archives and make audio posts for every blogger entry. Perhaps it's more for me than any readers, but it allows me to hear myself talk (ooh, I like that idea) while continuing to make little alterations to make this blog better.

1 Comments:

Blogger whatupthen said...

That is, if the audioblogger feature decides it wants to cooperate. Hopeully it'll be back up again pretty soon.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home