Monday, May 17, 2004

The King and the Gangsta

If you're a newcomer to this page I welcome you. Read, enjoy and please make your presence felt. I do this for you. 'Cause like Chicago...you're my inspiration.

Let me tell you. I've rediscovered Michael Jackson's "Man In The Mirror" and I've been listening to it over and over this past weekend. I know, I know it's cheesy shit. I know, I know Michael Jackson is crazy. But this is like a triumph in pop music, no one can deny! I especially like how the arranger overlayed (overlaid??) Michael Jackson's breathy little "ah's" over him and the choir singing. You or someone you know owns BAD. Listen for the breathy noise immediately after he sings "and no mess-age could've been any clearer". You will feel stupid doing it but afterward you'll be glad you did.

Ooh, I've kinda run out of things to say for tonight. But I don't want to end this streak of posts with two main subjects...set the precedents for laziness and not posting regularly. Well, I'll keep on the music beat and say that Regulators is playing on my Winamp right now. When this song came out way back when I totally wasn't into rap. And I'm still not, really. But one day I realized the brilliance of this...Warren G and Nate Dogg. I mean...the guy's name is Nate Dogg!! And I searched high and low, across oceans and deserts for this title and finally, one day I found it. Regulators = Shangri La. Listen to Regulators after you listen to Man In the Mirror. Keep doing what I tell you to do. Facetious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home